Eric Sprott A Victim of Gold Bear Market Attack - Mike Swanson (12/23/2013)
The Wall Street Journal just published a story this weekend about Eric Sprott and how he has essentially been blown up by the gold bear market. Sprott was managing billions of dollars in gold investments. And now has been ruined.
Bloomberg also has an article out this morning of how many other gold hedge funds are getting investor redemptions and being forced to sell.
Bloomberg reports - "Withdrawals from gold ETPs are driving record outflows of $36.3 billion from commodity investments, according to Barclays Plc. Assets under management declined $88 billion since the start of the year through last month, the bank said in a report Dec. 17."
Bloomberg estimates that all together investors took out $38.8 billion from the gold market in 2014.
The masses tend to go to extremes at important market tops and bottoms and doing what the crowd is doing will get you killed.
From a contrarian standpoint this is all actually very bullish for gold.
It is evidence of incredible negative sentiment and the type of news stories you see at a bottom or important turning point.
I'm bullish on gold in 2014. I think a simple gold technical analysis suggests that is the stance to take on the precious metals and commodities.
Most Recent Posts
- Porkins Policy Radio episode 113 Michael Swanson on Ken Burns Vietnam Propaganda (10/17/2017)
- What to Trade Now In the Markets with David Skarica - Mike Swanson (10/17/2017)
- Stock Market Party Coming To An End Warns Marc Faber - Kitco News (10/17/2017)
- Facebook and the US Government Are in a Race to Read Your Mind - Jake Anderson (10/17/2017)
- The Fed Is Confused about What Drives Inflation - Frank Shostak (10/17/2017)
- On Iran, Trump Follows Iraq War Neocons - The Real News (10/17/2017)
- Jim Rogers - Adventures in Finance Episode 34 (10/16/2017)
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Inflation Is Much Higher Than Advertised - Charles Hugh Smith (10/16/2017)
- Chinese Assault on Petrodollar - Darius Shahtahmasebi (10/16/2017)
- Price Projections for the S&P 500 with Ike Iossif - Mike Swanson (10/15/2017)
Grab This Free Report: My Top Options Trading Setup
This free special WSW report is devoted to my top options trading setup. I do this one simple trade at least once a month.
Grab it and get along with it our future stock market action updates. Do not think about buying any other stocks or options before you read this report. To get this report click here