Sprott Monthly Market Update with Rick Rule: Base Metals Are Breaking Out, Stocks Are Next - Palisade Radio (08/25/2017)
Rick feels that recent negative sentiment in the gold market may be a good contrarian indicator. Gold has maintained it’s strength this summer in the face of general economic complacency. The mining industry itself has become the financier of choice to high quality juniors. There is a quiet confidence amongst large investors that is astonishing. This sort of investor has replaced the generalist hedge fund. Capital that is patient and knowledgeable is replacing capital that is ignorant and short term oriented.
Rick discusses Novo Resources (NVO.V) a company that seem to have made a pretty large find. This could be extraordinary for the market particularly if there is a convergence of large discoveries. Rick discusses how the mineral exploration sector is one of the few sectors that can create 100 baggers and what that can do to a market.
The junior market is still overpopulated with companies. He would prefer to see a slower paced saucer shaped recovery that rewards rational investors.
Uranium needs Japanese reactor restarts, $20-$25 is too low to maintain production and mines are clearly loosing money. The Uranium industry is in a negative feedback loop.
Other resource sectors haven’t moved that much because of supply constraints due to an extended period of low prices.
Mr. Rule discusses Bitcoin based technologies. He recently took a position in Bitcoin and made significant gains. He chose to take the gains since he doesn’t understand all of the underlying fundamentals.
Most Recent Posts
- We didn't sell Rosh Hashanah, so...Stock Market analysis - Mike Saul (09/24/2017)
- Fed QT Stocks, Gold Impact - Adam Hamilton (09/22/2017)
- Are Facebook and Google the New Colonial Powers? - Charles Hugh Smith (09/22/2017)
- Neocons and Hollywood Liberals Go to 'War' on Russia - The Real News (09/22/2017)
- Trump's UN Speech: A Neocon Dream? - Ron Paul Institute (09/22/2017)
- Take a Look at these APPL and GOOG Stock Charts (Plus Gold Update) - Mike Swanson (09/21/2017)
- Hey Advertisers: The Data-Mining Emperor Has No Clothes - Charles Hugh Smith (09/21/2017)
- Congress Spars on Healthcare, Unites to Fund War - The Real News (09/21/2017)
- Donald Trump's UN Speech and the End of American Exceptionalism - Ochelli Effect (09/21/2017)
- Yes, This Time It Is Different: But Not in Good Ways - Charles Hugh Smith (09/20/2017)
Grab This Free Report: Our Top Mining Stock Pick
This free special WSW report is devoted to IDM Mining and why it is currently our top mining stock pick.
Grab it and get our next gold price entry point. Do not think about buying any other gold stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here