The Divergences Are Now Appearing! - Chris Vermeulen (08/09/2017)
The loss, of the leadership of the banking and financial sector, BKX ETF, is now a major warning signal which is what is required in order to move the SPX much HIGHER, at this time!
The divergence which is currently being seen between the Dow Industrials and Dow Transportation indexes will be coming into play in the upcoming weeks.
The U.S. dollar has declined to a 52-week low. When stocks have been at a high and the dollar at a low, historically, the SPX showed a positive return within six months to one year, almost without exception. I see support in the 92.50 area.
I would expect to see a very quick “oversold” bounce in GLD, then a correction to the 105 to 107 areas as the final “washout bottom” is put into place.
My approach to the markets is to be flexible enough to handle the possibilities of much stronger and weaker sustained trends than what we have seen in our investment lifetimes.
Our portfolio has outperformed the SPY by over 114% this year. Quite a feat when you consider the SPY is up nearly 9% this year and has almost gone straight up since January 2017.
We like to ask our clients and viewers this question, “isn’t it time you invested in your future?”. We would really like to help you achieve greater success and find greater opportunities in the markets, but you have to subscribe for this to happen.
In short, active traders should be defensive over the next few days as we could have one more bout of selling in stocks and a spike in the vix. I feel the best plays right now will be short metals, short oil, long dollar.
Stay tuned for more updates, and be sure to join our stock picks newsletter, or our ETF trading newsletter for real-time trading signals.
This article originally posted here.
Most Recent Posts
- Migration of the Tax Donkeys - Charles Hugh Smith (10/19/2017)
- Somalia Bombing an Outgrowth of Foreign Meddling - The Real News (10/19/2017)
- Seeking More QE for Japan — Abe Calls Snap Election - Brendan Brown (10/19/2017)
- Ochelli Effect: Ken Burns on the Vietnam War in 1967 - Mike Swanson (10/19/2017)
- Jim Cramer Defends NFLX Against Those That Sell - CNBC (10/18/2017)
- Fraud, Exploitation and Collusion: America's Pharmaceutical Industry - Charles Hugh Smith (10/18/2017)
- Trump And Iran: Have The Neocons Won? - Ron Paul Institute (10/18/2017)
- Slain Maltese Journalist Had Powerful Enemies - The Real News (10/18/2017)
- Porkins Policy Radio episode 113 Michael Swanson on Ken Burns Vietnam Propaganda (10/17/2017)
- What to Trade Now In the Markets with David Skarica - Mike Swanson (10/17/2017)
Grab This Free Report: My Top Options Trading Setup
This free special WSW report is devoted to my top options trading setup. I do this one simple trade at least once a month.
Grab it and get along with it our future stock market action updates. Do not think about buying any other stocks or options before you read this report. To get this report click here