Warning Sign Appears As Most Stocks Sell Earnings - Mike Swanson (08/03/2017)
There is a lot of excitement on CNBC this week on the gap ups for TSLA and APPL following their earnings releases, but the average stock has actually fallen by 0.78% the day after they have announced earnings during this quarterly earnings season.
The WSJ reports:
Individual shares have had their worst performance on an earnings day since the first quarter of 2014, the data shows.
This is because beating expectations was rewarded on average with just a 0.38% share rise on the day, whereas disappointing earnings were punished particularly hard, with the company’s stock falling 3.43%.
Full WSJ article here.
Many stocks have actually been blowing up on their earnings.
That is also something not seen since really the Fall of 2015.
If this is the first time you have come to this website then get on my free action update list by here.
Most Recent Posts
- Loving Our Debt-Serfdom: Our Neofeudal Status Quo - Charles Hugh Smith (09/26/2017)
- Bubble About to Burst? - Antimedia (09/26/2017)
- Mark Thornton: Can the Fed Unwind? - Mises Institute (09/26/2017)
- Mad Man vs. Rocket Man: North Korea Crisis Hits Fever Pitch - The Real News (09/26/2017)
- Hidden Gems Shows A Foreboding Future - Chris Vermeulen (09/25/2017)
- Financialization and The Destruction of the Real Economy - Charles Hugh Smith (09/25/2017)
- Defense Secretary Mattis: US Cannot Survive On 'Puny' Military Budget - Ron Paul Institute (09/25/2017)
- Bubble Mindset - John Hussman (09/25/2017)
- We didn't sell Rosh Hashanah, so...Stock Market analysis - Mike Saul (09/24/2017)
- Fed QT Stocks, Gold Impact - Adam Hamilton (09/22/2017)
Grab This Free Report: Our Top Mining Stock Pick
This free special WSW report is devoted to IDM Mining and why it is currently our top mining stock pick.
Grab it and get our next gold price entry point. Do not think about buying any other gold stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here