Trump's US National Security Strategy - New Wine In Old Bottles? - Ron Paul (08/02/2017)
In a recent interview, Sebastian Gorka, an aide to President Trump, denounced "stale thinking" on national security policy over the past 30 years. He said that the White House was working on a new National Security Strategy for the United States that would reject the old "extremes" of neoconservative interventionism on one hand and libertarian "isolationism" on the other. It is quite interesting that he chose to single out non-interventionism (which is not "isolationism") for criticism as if it had been attempted and failed over the past three decades. Why the strawman? Because this "new" strategy is being drawn up by neocons who dominate Trump's foreign policy and national security staff. They know their brand is damaged so they are trying to pretend that they are coming out with a whole new batch of wine. But check the bottles...
Copyright © 2017 by RonPaul Institute. This article originally posted here.
Most Recent Posts
- We didn't sell Rosh Hashanah, so...Stock Market analysis - Mike Saul (09/24/2017)
- Fed QT Stocks, Gold Impact - Adam Hamilton (09/22/2017)
- Are Facebook and Google the New Colonial Powers? - Charles Hugh Smith (09/22/2017)
- Neocons and Hollywood Liberals Go to 'War' on Russia - The Real News (09/22/2017)
- Trump's UN Speech: A Neocon Dream? - Ron Paul Institute (09/22/2017)
- Take a Look at these APPL and GOOG Stock Charts (Plus Gold Update) - Mike Swanson (09/21/2017)
- Hey Advertisers: The Data-Mining Emperor Has No Clothes - Charles Hugh Smith (09/21/2017)
- Congress Spars on Healthcare, Unites to Fund War - The Real News (09/21/2017)
- Donald Trump's UN Speech and the End of American Exceptionalism - Ochelli Effect (09/21/2017)
- Yes, This Time It Is Different: But Not in Good Ways - Charles Hugh Smith (09/20/2017)
Grab This Free Report: Our Top Mining Stock Pick
This free special WSW report is devoted to IDM Mining and why it is currently our top mining stock pick.
Grab it and get our next gold price entry point. Do not think about buying any other gold stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here