Mike Swanson: FED Policy Turns Bullish For Gold - Palisade Radio (05/31/2017)
This is Palisade's notes for this interview:
Mike was expecting a market pullback last year, however the Trump election caused him to go long on the market. Initially these administration changes could have driven the markets and stimulated the economy. He doesn’t think that Trump will get much done on these fronts and most of his promises are probably not going to materialize.
We appear to be entering a phase similar to the summer of 2015 where most stocks are simply drifting around and going sideways with only a select few moving up.
We are in a tightening cycle with the Federal Reserve, as was indicated by the Trump administration that there would be a series of higher rate adjustments this year. While there is a planned rate hike in June, additional rate hikes are looking increasingly unlikely. The Fed is getting scared as they want to keep stocks up. Eventually there will be a correction. This is a good reason to buy gold and mining stocks since interest rates are likely to remain near these levels.
While the technical indicators may look poor for gold, when this market trades sideways for a long period that is often quite bullish.
He thinks the miners that are not part of ETF’s may break out as weakness in ETF performance are not representative of many mining stocks, particularly juniors.
He discusses a couple of resource companies that are undervalued and why they may be good picks.
Most Recent Posts
- Salient Features of Bull Market Peaks - John Hussman (07/24/2017)
- Syria Gas Attack and Russian Election Hacking...Debunking Fake News With Scott Ritter - Ron Paul Institute (07/24/2017)
- Overbought in an uptrend, but will it matter? - Mike Saul (07/24/2017)
- Janet Yellen's Fed Policy Will Move Gold - Mike Swanson (07/24/2017)
- Gold/Silver Shorts Extreme - Adam Hamilton (07/21/2017)
- The Death Spiral of Financialization - Charles Hugh Smith (07/21/2017)
- Why Post 2000 Movies Are So Bad - Bog Ager (07/21/2017)
- Russiagate: Kooky Characters, Cold War Liberals - The Real News (07/21/2017)
- What Some Stocks Are Doing Now is Crazy - Mike Swanson (07/20/2017)
- Strength of US Equity Charge a Surprise - Mike Swanson (07/20/2017)
Grab This Free Report: Our Top Mining Stock Pick
This free special WSW report is devoted to IDM Mining and why it is currently our top mining stock pick.
Grab it and get our next gold price entry point. Do not think about buying any other gold stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here