Jordan Roy-Byrne: Gold and Silver Markets Unsettled - Palisade Radio (05/05/2017)
Jordan discusses the gold market, he expects some further losses in the stocks, as they will retest their December lows. Gold has support at $1220 and $1150, the larger issue is that this bull market won’t begin in earnest until the stock markets peak and the economy rolls over. We need to watch for weaker than expected economic data. He thinks 2018 will be a better year than 2017, the next bottom might be this fall.
If gold continues to fall than stocks will be hit, however it looks like miners currently have it priced in. There may be a twenty percent downside in the juniors. If the stock market goes into blow-off territory, that would be more bearish for gold than for gold stocks. In that scenario gold stocks could hold up really well.
He sees lower prices for silver, it’s disheartening because it has reached $18.50 several times, looking at the price action he sees a risk that it will test $16. Based on three previous silver bear markets, it should begin rising aggressively next year, and move above resistance at $21 towards $26.
The key support target for gold is around $1200, and $1150 on the monthly charts. It’s good that it has rallied up to $1297. It’s being held up a bit by geopolitical factors, market fundamentals have peaked in terms of real rates and inflation and commodity prices as a whole have leveled off or are declining. He thinks the Fed will likely hike rates and that it’s currently priced in.
Most Recent Posts
- Thoughts on Bitcoin, Gold, and Stocks on Thanksgiving Week with David Skarica - Mike Swanson (11/21/2017)
- The Death of the Department Store - Bloomberg (11/21/2017)
- Saudi Financial Crisis at Heart of Princely Rage - The Real News (11/21/2017)
- DOD Conference Bill Passed...Yet We're Less Safe & Poorer - Ron Paul Instittue (11/21/2017)
- Jeff Berwick: It’s Time to Rotate Crypto Gains Into Forgotten Gold Stocks - Palisade Radio (11/20/2017)
- The Fetid Swamp of Tax Reform - Charles Hugh Smith (11/20/2107)
- Is that the last pullback of the year? - Mike Saul (11/20/2017)
- Gold Miners’ Q3’17 Fundamentals - Adam Hamilton (11/20/2017)
- Will We See a “Santa” Rally in the Markets This Year? - Mike Swanson (11/16/2017)
- The Retail Winners and Losers of the Earnings Season - Bloomberg (11/16/2017)
Grab This Free Report: My Top Options Trading Setup
This free special WSW report is devoted to my top options trading setup. I do this one simple trade at least once a month.
Grab it and get along with it our future stock market action updates. Do not think about buying any other stocks or options before you read this report. To get this report click here