David Skarica: Canadian Housing Market Spiraling The Drain and Mining ETF’s Have Risks - Palisade Radio (05/03/2017)
David thinks the Canadian housing market is a complete bubble. In Toronto you can see steady 20% plus growth year over year. The problems are primarily with smaller sub prime financial groups, like Home Capital which tailor to individuals who can’t get loans from the larger banks. They were issuing a lot of shady mortgages, as a result they now have a run on their bank, having lost most of their capital, are likely to go under. There are other small banks that are likely vulnerable. This sub prime market blowing up, along with a reduced amount of foreign investment in housing, and with the oil market rolling over, could be a downward spiral for Canada.
The GDXJ is upping their bottom tier from 600 million to 3 billion, as a result they will be selling off a lot of their junior holdings. So smaller companies will be opportunities during this re-balancing. David thinks that ETF’s are causing people to be lazy and not do their own research. People have been doing passive investing, thinking it’s the way to go however when ETF’s get too big, and many want to pile out, it puts selling pressure on everything.
Most Recent Posts
- Paul Singer Says He's 'Very Concerned' About Economy - Bloomberg (07/27/2017)
- Facebook Shares Jump on Earnings News with CNBC Help - Mike Swanson (07/27/2017)
- Trump vs. Sessions: A One-Sided Twitter War - The Real News (07/27/2017)
- A Decade After the Great Recession, Risk of Economic Collapse Higher Than Ever - Marc Faber (07/26/2017)
- In the Footsteps of Rome: Is Renewal Possible? - Charles Hugh Smith (07/26/2017)
- A Look at the origins of the John Birch Society in the 1950’s and Today’s “Alt-Right” – Mike Swanson (07/26/2017)
- What's The Next Contrarian Play? - Jim Rogers (07/25/2017)
- Jim Cramer Calls a Bottom in Oil - CNBC (07/25/2017)
- When We Can No Longer Tell the Truth... - Charles Hugh Smith (07/25/2017)
- Vijay Prashad: Trump is Setting Up a 'Dangerous Confrontation' With Iran - The Real News (07/25/2017)
Grab This Free Report: Our Top Mining Stock Pick
This free special WSW report is devoted to IDM Mining and why it is currently our top mining stock pick.
Grab it and get our next gold price entry point. Do not think about buying any other gold stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here