David Skarica: Canadian Housing Market Spiraling The Drain and Mining ETF’s Have Risks - Palisade Radio (05/03/2017)
David thinks the Canadian housing market is a complete bubble. In Toronto you can see steady 20% plus growth year over year. The problems are primarily with smaller sub prime financial groups, like Home Capital which tailor to individuals who can’t get loans from the larger banks. They were issuing a lot of shady mortgages, as a result they now have a run on their bank, having lost most of their capital, are likely to go under. There are other small banks that are likely vulnerable. This sub prime market blowing up, along with a reduced amount of foreign investment in housing, and with the oil market rolling over, could be a downward spiral for Canada.
The GDXJ is upping their bottom tier from 600 million to 3 billion, as a result they will be selling off a lot of their junior holdings. So smaller companies will be opportunities during this re-balancing. David thinks that ETF’s are causing people to be lazy and not do their own research. People have been doing passive investing, thinking it’s the way to go however when ETF’s get too big, and many want to pile out, it puts selling pressure on everything.
Most Recent Posts
- Fed QT Stocks, Gold Impact - Adam Hamilton (09/22/2017)
- Are Facebook and Google the New Colonial Powers? - Charles Hugh Smith (09/22/2017)
- Neocons and Hollywood Liberals Go to 'War' on Russia - The Real News (09/22/2017)
- Trump's UN Speech: A Neocon Dream? - Ron Paul Institute (09/22/2017)
- Take a Look at these APPL and GOOG Stock Charts (Plus Gold Update) - Mike Swanson (09/21/2017)
- Hey Advertisers: The Data-Mining Emperor Has No Clothes - Charles Hugh Smith (09/21/2017)
- Congress Spars on Healthcare, Unites to Fund War - The Real News (09/21/2017)
- Donald Trump's UN Speech and the End of American Exceptionalism - Ochelli Effect (09/21/2017)
- Yes, This Time It Is Different: But Not in Good Ways - Charles Hugh Smith (09/20/2017)
- Trump's China-Sanctions Madness Imperils the Dollar - Ryan McMaken (09/20/2017)
Grab This Free Report: Our Top Mining Stock Pick
This free special WSW report is devoted to IDM Mining and why it is currently our top mining stock pick.
Grab it and get our next gold price entry point. Do not think about buying any other gold stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here