New Podcast: Gold and the Stock Market After Trump's Political Pivot - David Skarica (04/14/2017)
David Skarica of www.addictedtoprofits.net has just launched a new podcast called International Contrarians.
I was honored to be his first guest on the podcast.
We talked about the current market action, Trump's political pivot, and the rise of gold stocks.
It is easy to get caught up in partisan thinking and simply worship one party and the other. Voting is one thing, but making money in the markets is another. We are in times of political instability and investing is not about having the right political beliefs, but adapting to changing realities.
That means understanding what is happening and not just cheerleading or bashing in order to feel smug.
The reality is that the past two weeks has seen big changes with the Trump administration.
They are making some Trump supporters angry:
We have seen the diminishment of the Bannon element in the Trump admin and rise of importance of Goldman Sachs agent Gary Cohn and son-in-law Kushner along with the Pentagon.
A big turning point was the Syria strike, but just as important for us as investors was Trump's interview with the Wall Street Journal on Friday.
It was a bombshell in which he pledged allegiance to Janet Yellen and easy money Fed policies!
This totally repudiated many of the economic advisors he had around him during his transition period and campaign statements and so gold went up this week.
The Trump style is not going away and many people like that style, but he is moving to the center now - for better and worse.
This of course is getting him praise on TV which had been bashing him nonstop.
Even MSNBC gushed over Trump's Syria strike.
Thursday's top news stories were dominated by the WSJ interview, which for the financial markets is huge:
As far as foreign policy goes one massive Trump pivot was China. During the campaign Trump talked about launching tariff wars against China and said they are "raping" the US.
He now says China is great.
I talked in detail about why this happened in an interview I did on The Ochelli Effect.
China Communist Party leaders are very clever and they in fact used the Trump family and had them make propaganda videos for their own people.
Following the summit Chinese papers across their nation displayed this photo of Trump deferring to Xi:
And then this one:
One student of Chinese politics wrote of this photo, "Here is Xi, a visitor to Trump’s estate, guiding the American President as a guest, showing him something, rather than the other way around. Xi’s pointing—or at least gesturing—and getting Trump to look where Xi wants him to look. Trump's moving in one direction and Xi is presented as signalling him to move in a different one. It’s Trump paying attention and therefore being portrayed as at least acquiescent."
But it is the videos made before the summit you gotta see.
To listen to the Ochelli Effect interivew and see these videos go here.
Most Recent Posts
- Fed Minutes Reveal Fed Concerned of Deflation - CNBC (11/24/2017)
- The Digital Revolution Has Empowered Central Banks - Brendan Brown (11/24/2017)
- Even Junior Stocks Caught Up in Market Mania - Chris Vermeulen (11/24/2017)
- Saudi Purges Explained, With Marwa Osman Live From Lebanon - Ron Paul Institute (11/24/2017)
- Is This Why Productivity Has Tanked and Wealth Inequality Has Soared? - Charles Hugh Smith (11/22/2017)
- Erdogan's Rate Fight Sends Lira to Record Low - Bloomberg (11/22/2017)
- Why is the US Media and Foreign Policy Establishment Targeting Russia? - The Real News (11/22/2017)
- Thoughts on Bitcoin, Gold, and Stocks on Thanksgiving Week with David Skarica - Mike Swanson (11/21/2017)
- The Death of the Department Store - Bloomberg (11/21/2017)
- Saudi Financial Crisis at Heart of Princely Rage - The Real News (11/21/2017)
Grab This Free Report: My Top Options Trading Setup
This free special WSW report is devoted to my top options trading setup. I do this one simple trade at least once a month.
Grab it and get along with it our future stock market action updates. Do not think about buying any other stocks or options before you read this report. To get this report click here