Rick Rule: Weakness In Gold Equities Has Me Very Excited - Palisade Radio (03/26/2017)
The resource commodity sector has been strong in general, while big cap gold stocks, junior mining equities, and energy have been fairly weak. Last year investors pulled commodity equities up much further than was warranted by the move in the commodity price. The gold price chart went up 18% and equities went up 5 to 1. They did this without any regards to quality. The pullback was normal, rational and expected. He can’t see a better set of current circumstances for intelligent resource investors.
Rick discusses the uranium market, and how it is still in liquidation as the price remains way to low. It needs to rise in the coming years or mines will close. There are profits coming but you need to hold for the long term.
Rick sees sophisticated institutional capital and major mining companies both making strategic investments in the resource sector. They are looking for tier one assets with a view to harvest in several years.
He talks about when to exit the market and the strategies he deploys when assessing it.
Rick is excited about his new position as Chief Investment Officer at Sprott Resource Holdings. They look forward to partnering with the best of the best management teams. Mr. Rule says it’s a wonderful thing for him to do after being involved in the market for the last forty years.
The Pareto principal is discussed, and how he is looking for that small percent of talented individuals to accelerate their expertise and help them to identify opportunities. He had the fortune of working with top tier people early on and built his career around them and feels his job is to find those people in this generation.
Most Recent Posts
- Gold Miners’ Q3’17 Fundamentals - Adam Hamilton (11/20/2017)
- Will We See a “Santa” Rally in the Markets This Year? - Mike Swanson (11/16/2017)
- The Retail Winners and Losers of the Earnings Season - Bloomberg (11/16/2017)
- War on ISIS - Whose Side Are We Really On? - Ron Paul Institute (11/16/2017)
- A Look at the JFK File Dump with Chuck Ochelli - The Corbett Report (11/16/2017)
- Mideast Turmoil: Follow the Oil, Follow the Money - Charles Hugh Smith (11/15/2017)
- White House Said to Consider El-Erian as Fed Vice Chair - Bloomberg (11/15/2017)
- The Ochelli Effect: News Marbles Meet Trumps Blender - Mike Swanson (11/15/2017)
- Norman Solomon and Paul Jay discuss the Struggle in the Democratic Party - The Real News (11/15/2017)
- Why GE Shares Are Tumbling - Bloomberg (11/14/2017)
Grab This Free Report: My Top Options Trading Setup
This free special WSW report is devoted to my top options trading setup. I do this one simple trade at least once a month.
Grab it and get along with it our future stock market action updates. Do not think about buying any other stocks or options before you read this report. To get this report click here