Rick Rule: Weakness In Gold Equities Has Me Very Excited - Palisade Radio (03/26/2017)
The resource commodity sector has been strong in general, while big cap gold stocks, junior mining equities, and energy have been fairly weak. Last year investors pulled commodity equities up much further than was warranted by the move in the commodity price. The gold price chart went up 18% and equities went up 5 to 1. They did this without any regards to quality. The pullback was normal, rational and expected. He can’t see a better set of current circumstances for intelligent resource investors.
Rick discusses the uranium market, and how it is still in liquidation as the price remains way to low. It needs to rise in the coming years or mines will close. There are profits coming but you need to hold for the long term.
Rick sees sophisticated institutional capital and major mining companies both making strategic investments in the resource sector. They are looking for tier one assets with a view to harvest in several years.
He talks about when to exit the market and the strategies he deploys when assessing it.
Rick is excited about his new position as Chief Investment Officer at Sprott Resource Holdings. They look forward to partnering with the best of the best management teams. Mr. Rule says it’s a wonderful thing for him to do after being involved in the market for the last forty years.
The Pareto principal is discussed, and how he is looking for that small percent of talented individuals to accelerate their expertise and help them to identify opportunities. He had the fortune of working with top tier people early on and built his career around them and feels his job is to find those people in this generation.
Most Recent Posts
- Salient Features of Bull Market Peaks - John Hussman (07/24/2017)
- Syria Gas Attack and Russian Election Hacking...Debunking Fake News With Scott Ritter - Ron Paul Institute (07/24/2017)
- Overbought in an uptrend, but will it matter? - Mike Saul (07/24/2017)
- Janet Yellen's Fed Policy Will Move Gold - Mike Swanson (07/24/2017)
- Gold/Silver Shorts Extreme - Adam Hamilton (07/21/2017)
- The Death Spiral of Financialization - Charles Hugh Smith (07/21/2017)
- Why Post 2000 Movies Are So Bad - Bog Ager (07/21/2017)
- Russiagate: Kooky Characters, Cold War Liberals - The Real News (07/21/2017)
- What Some Stocks Are Doing Now is Crazy - Mike Swanson (07/20/2017)
- Strength of US Equity Charge a Surprise - Mike Swanson (07/20/2017)
Grab This Free Report: Our Top Mining Stock Pick
This free special WSW report is devoted to IDM Mining and why it is currently our top mining stock pick.
Grab it and get our next gold price entry point. Do not think about buying any other gold stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here