The Battle for Aleppo is Reaching an End - TheRealNews.com (12/09/2016)
Several U.S. administrations have pursued a strategy of arming rebels to fight in proxy wars, and it has created a catastrophe in the Middle East, says Vijay Prashad.
Help support The Real News by making a donation today: http://therealnews.com/donate.
The CIA and Clinton people inside the State Department have been obsessed with the idea of sending weapons to rebels in Syria to create regime change - with Clinton herself becoming the leading advocate of this policy during the election.
Few people know, but the day after the election Obama scrapped that policy and pulled the plug on the rebels to focus on targeting ISIS and Al-Qaida allied terrorists (some of whom were working with the forces Clinton backed).
The Washington Post reported:
President Barack Obama has ordered the Pentagon to find and kill the leaders of an al-Qaida-linked group in Syria that the administration had largely ignored until now and that has been at the vanguard of the fight against the Syrian government, U.S. officials said.
The deployment underlines the extent to which Mr. Obama has come to prioritize the counterterrorism mission in Syria over efforts to pressure President Bashar Assad to step aside, as Nusra is among the most effective forces battling the Syrian government.
Officials who supported the shift said the Obama administration could no longer tolerate what one of them described as “a deal with the devil,” whereby the U.S. largely held its fire against Nusra because the group was popular with Syrians in rebel-controlled areas and furthered the U.S. goal of putting military pressure on Assad.
Full story here.
Most Recent Posts
- Cramer Remix: This is the day to buy Facebook - CNBC (01/16/2018)
- Who Killed Martin Luther King...And Why? - Ron Paul Institute (01/16/2018)
- Stock Market Forecast for Gold, Bonds, and US Dollar with Ike Iossif - Mike Swanson (01/16/2018)
- Wayyy extended, but is it a sell signal? - Mike Saul (01/15/2018)
- Precious Metals Video Update: Gold & Gold Stocks Breakout in 2018 - Jordan Roy-Byrne (01/15/2018)
- Iran Protests End, But Grievances Remain - The Real News (01/12/2018)
- Social Change Will Upend the Status Quo - Charles Hugh Smith (01/12/2018)
- House Approves More FISA Spying...Can The Senate Stop Them? - Ron Paul Institute (01/12/2018)
- Howestreet: China to Stop Buying US Treasuries? Mike Swanson (01/11/2018)
- Will the Dollar Survive the Rise of the Yuan and the End of the Petrodollar? - Alasdair Macleod (01/11/2018)
Grab This Free Report: My Top Options Trading Setup
This free special WSW report is devoted to my top options trading setup. I do this one simple trade at least once a month.
Grab it and get along with it our future stock market action updates. Do not think about buying any other stocks or options before you read this report. To get this report click here