The Battle for Aleppo is Reaching an End - TheRealNews.com (12/09/2016)
Several U.S. administrations have pursued a strategy of arming rebels to fight in proxy wars, and it has created a catastrophe in the Middle East, says Vijay Prashad.
Help support The Real News by making a donation today: http://therealnews.com/donate.
The CIA and Clinton people inside the State Department have been obsessed with the idea of sending weapons to rebels in Syria to create regime change - with Clinton herself becoming the leading advocate of this policy during the election.
Few people know, but the day after the election Obama scrapped that policy and pulled the plug on the rebels to focus on targeting ISIS and Al-Qaida allied terrorists (some of whom were working with the forces Clinton backed).
The Washington Post reported:
President Barack Obama has ordered the Pentagon to find and kill the leaders of an al-Qaida-linked group in Syria that the administration had largely ignored until now and that has been at the vanguard of the fight against the Syrian government, U.S. officials said.
The deployment underlines the extent to which Mr. Obama has come to prioritize the counterterrorism mission in Syria over efforts to pressure President Bashar Assad to step aside, as Nusra is among the most effective forces battling the Syrian government.
Officials who supported the shift said the Obama administration could no longer tolerate what one of them described as “a deal with the devil,” whereby the U.S. largely held its fire against Nusra because the group was popular with Syrians in rebel-controlled areas and furthered the U.S. goal of putting military pressure on Assad.
Full story here.
Most Recent Posts
- The French Election and the US Market- Stock Market analysis for the week - Mike Saul (04/23/2017)
- Gold Upleg Momentum Building - Adam Hamilton (04/22/2017)
- Cramer Pumps Apple Yells Buy Demands You Chase Fad Big Cap Tech! - Mike Swanson (04/21/2017)
- Ted Galen Carpenter on Trump’s schoolyard strategy for dealing with North Korea - Scott Horton Show (04/21/2017)
- Marx, Orwell and State-Cartel Socialism - Charles Hugh-Smith (04/20/2017)
- The Libertarian Angle: Trump’s Attack on Syria - Future of Freedom Foundation (04/20/2107)
- The Second Donald Trump Administration - Mike Swanson (04/19/2017)
- Interview With Source Exploration - David Skarica (04/19/2017)
- Does Anybody Know What Our Russia Policy Is? - Ron Paul Institute (04/18/2017)
- Precious Metals Video Update: Gold Breakout & False Signals from GDXJ? - Jordan Roy-Byrne (04/18/2017)
Grab This Free Report: Our Top Mining Stock Pick
This free special WSW report is devoted to IDM Mining and why it is currently our top mining stock pick.
Grab it and get our next gold price entry point. Do not think about buying any other gold stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here