The Battle for Aleppo is Reaching an End - TheRealNews.com (12/09/2016)
Several U.S. administrations have pursued a strategy of arming rebels to fight in proxy wars, and it has created a catastrophe in the Middle East, says Vijay Prashad.
Help support The Real News by making a donation today: http://therealnews.com/donate.
The CIA and Clinton people inside the State Department have been obsessed with the idea of sending weapons to rebels in Syria to create regime change - with Clinton herself becoming the leading advocate of this policy during the election.
Few people know, but the day after the election Obama scrapped that policy and pulled the plug on the rebels to focus on targeting ISIS and Al-Qaida allied terrorists (some of whom were working with the forces Clinton backed).
The Washington Post reported:
President Barack Obama has ordered the Pentagon to find and kill the leaders of an al-Qaida-linked group in Syria that the administration had largely ignored until now and that has been at the vanguard of the fight against the Syrian government, U.S. officials said.
The deployment underlines the extent to which Mr. Obama has come to prioritize the counterterrorism mission in Syria over efforts to pressure President Bashar Assad to step aside, as Nusra is among the most effective forces battling the Syrian government.
Officials who supported the shift said the Obama administration could no longer tolerate what one of them described as “a deal with the devil,” whereby the U.S. largely held its fire against Nusra because the group was popular with Syrians in rebel-controlled areas and furthered the U.S. goal of putting military pressure on Assad.
Full story here.
Most Recent Posts
- Should You Buy Snapchat - SNAP - Stock? - Mike Swanson (05/30/2017)
- Yes Virginia, there will be a pullback- Market analysis for the week - Mike Saul (05/29/2017)
- My Interview on This Week in Money - Mike Swanson (05/28/2017)
- Silver Miners’ Q1’17 Fundamentals - Adam Hamilton (05/26/2017)
- Stock Market and Gold Trend Update with Ike Iossif - Mike Swanson (05/26/2017)
- Is Your Cost of Living Rising? Why the Elites Aren't Worried About Inflation - Charles Hugh Smith (05/26/2017)
- ESPN and the Bursting of the Sports Bubble - William Anderson (05/25/2017)
- Was Manchester Blowback? - Ron Paul Institute (05/25/2017)
- Will The Feds Target Bitcoin as a National Security Risk? - Mike Swanson (05/24/2017)
- What Is The Purpose of Doing Deals With Saudi Arabia After 9/11? -Mike Swanson (05/24/2017)
Grab This Free Report: Our Top Mining Stock Pick
This free special WSW report is devoted to IDM Mining and why it is currently our top mining stock pick.
Grab it and get our next gold price entry point. Do not think about buying any other gold stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here