Jim Rogers Is Short FANG Stocks - Mike Swanson (03/04/2016)
Jim Rogers sees a recession coming in the United States and financial turmoil and has short positions in the US stock market.
According to Bloomberg:
"It's been seven years, eight years since we had the last recession in the U.S., and normally, historically we have them every four to seven years for whatever reason—at least we always have," he said. "It doesn't have to happen in four to seven years, but look at the debt, the debt is staggering."
Most Wall Street economists see a much smaller chance of a U.S. recession within this span, with odds typically below 33 percent.
Rogers was not specific on what could trigger a disorderly deleveraging process and recession but claimed that sluggish or slowing economies in China, Japan, and the euro zone mean that there are many possible channels of contagion.
The former partner of George Soros suggested that if investors focus on the right data, there are signs that the U.S. economy is already faltering.
"If you look at the … payroll tax figures [in the U.S.], you see they're already flat," he concluded. "Don't pay attention to the government numbers, pay attention to the real numbers."
Full story here.
Gold is rising ahead of financial turmoil.
And when this bear market rally tips down this month it will turn into a disaster for bubble bulls.
That is why I am betting against stocks in my account.
Rogers says he is shorting against FANG stocks in the above interview.
These stocks are Facebook - Amazon - Netflix - and Google.
They were called FANG last year on CNBC when they became the only stocks going up at the end of the year so viewers were told to buy them as a safe haven.
I am not short those stocks, but am shorting stocks that have giant debt problems and are in fundamental problems that I think is going to take them lower. Two of them are in the DOW.
And it is why I have created the Total POS Stocks Program to help you do this.
If you do that you will get my report on the Top Five POS Stocks to bet against right now.
If you have them in your portfolio then you must sell them now.
And if you don't you can make money betting against them on the next drop which is going to start very soon.
To get in go here.
Most Recent Posts
- Is that the last pullback of the year? - Mike Saul (11/19/2017)
- Gold Miners’ Q3’17 Fundamentals - Adam Hamilton (11/20/2017)
- Will We See a “Santa” Rally in the Markets This Year? - Mike Swanson (11/16/2017)
- The Retail Winners and Losers of the Earnings Season - Bloomberg (11/16/2017)
- War on ISIS - Whose Side Are We Really On? - Ron Paul Institute (11/16/2017)
- A Look at the JFK File Dump with Chuck Ochelli - The Corbett Report (11/16/2017)
- Mideast Turmoil: Follow the Oil, Follow the Money - Charles Hugh Smith (11/15/2017)
- White House Said to Consider El-Erian as Fed Vice Chair - Bloomberg (11/15/2017)
- The Ochelli Effect: News Marbles Meet Trumps Blender - Mike Swanson (11/15/2017)
- Norman Solomon and Paul Jay discuss the Struggle in the Democratic Party - The Real News (11/15/2017)
Grab This Free Report: My Top Options Trading Setup
This free special WSW report is devoted to my top options trading setup. I do this one simple trade at least once a month.
Grab it and get along with it our future stock market action updates. Do not think about buying any other stocks or options before you read this report. To get this report click here