Jim Rogers Is Short FANG Stocks - Mike Swanson (03/04/2016)
Jim Rogers sees a recession coming in the United States and financial turmoil and has short positions in the US stock market.
According to Bloomberg:
"It's been seven years, eight years since we had the last recession in the U.S., and normally, historically we have them every four to seven years for whatever reason—at least we always have," he said. "It doesn't have to happen in four to seven years, but look at the debt, the debt is staggering."
Most Wall Street economists see a much smaller chance of a U.S. recession within this span, with odds typically below 33 percent.
Rogers was not specific on what could trigger a disorderly deleveraging process and recession but claimed that sluggish or slowing economies in China, Japan, and the euro zone mean that there are many possible channels of contagion.
The former partner of George Soros suggested that if investors focus on the right data, there are signs that the U.S. economy is already faltering.
"If you look at the … payroll tax figures [in the U.S.], you see they're already flat," he concluded. "Don't pay attention to the government numbers, pay attention to the real numbers."
Full story here.
Gold is rising ahead of financial turmoil.
And when this bear market rally tips down this month it will turn into a disaster for bubble bulls.
That is why I am betting against stocks in my account.
Rogers says he is shorting against FANG stocks in the above interview.
These stocks are Facebook - Amazon - Netflix - and Google.
They were called FANG last year on CNBC when they became the only stocks going up at the end of the year so viewers were told to buy them as a safe haven.
I am not short those stocks, but am shorting stocks that have giant debt problems and are in fundamental problems that I think is going to take them lower. Two of them are in the DOW.
And it is why I have created the Total POS Stocks Program to help you do this.
If you do that you will get my report on the Top Five POS Stocks to bet against right now.
If you have them in your portfolio then you must sell them now.
And if you don't you can make money betting against them on the next drop which is going to start very soon.
To get in go here.
Most Recent Posts
- A Study Just Showed Why Working from Home Is Better Than Going into Work - James Holbrooks (03/28/2017)
- Why is China Selling U.S. Treasuries at an Alarming Rate? - Future Money Trends (03/28/2017)
- Why the Health Care Bill Failed, and What It Means for the Future - Tom Woods Show (03/28/2017)
- How ETF's Have Hidden Costs That Can Lower Your Portfolio Returns - Mike Swanson (03/28/2017)
- 'Meet the Press' Roundtable: Is Trump About To Shift Left? -Mike Swanson (03/27/2017)
- Forget ObamaCare, RyanCare, and any Future ReformCare--the Healthcare System Is Completely Broken - Charles Hugh-Smith (03/27/2017)
- How will the stock market react to Trump's healthcare plan not getting approval? - Mike Saul (03/26/2017)
- Rick Rule: Weakness In Gold Equities Has Me Very Excited - Palisade Radio (03/26/2017)
- What Is The Ochelli Effect? (03/26/2017)
- Silver Miners’ Q4’16 Fundamentals - Adam Hamilton (03/24/2017)
Grab This Free Report: Our Top Mining Stock Pick
This free special WSW report is devoted to IDM Mining and why it is currently our top mining stock pick.
Grab it and get our next gold price entry point. Do not think about buying any other gold stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here