Blackrock CEO Says Ignore Earnings Reports (02/17/2016)
Earnings reports used to be vehicles of hype and excitement, but now that they no longer are pumping stocks and many stocks have actually dumped on earnings announcements the past few months one CEO is telling people to simply ignore them and just buy and believe.
BlackRock CEO Larry Fink’s recent letter to 500 chief executives urging them for the first time to stop providing quarterly earnings estimates, is yet another plea for long-term value creation. Today, many companies are expected to execute corporate policies that reflect short-term earnings growth, thus forcing investors to rely mainly on what a stock is worth. When company forecasts are heavily based on earnings, one of the biggest problems is that they have been known to be overly optimistic.
Full story here.
Most Recent Posts
- Gold Summer Doldrums - Adam Hamilton (06/23/2017)
- Will Our Grandchildren Work Only Four Hours Per Day? - Ryan McMaken (06/23/2017)
- Automation's Destruction of Jobs: You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet - Charles Hugh Smith (06/23/2017)
- Jim Goddard Show: Is Gold Going to $700 or $1,300? - Mike Swanson (06/22/2017)
- Jeffrey Sachs – “JFK’s Quest for Peace” - JFK and the National Security State (06/22/2017)
- Ochelli Effect Podcast - Oliver Stone Goes to Russia - Mike Swanson (06/22/2017)
- Alarming Signals From Chinese Debts Markets Flash Red - Mike Swanson (06/21/2/107)
- Sprott Monthly Market Update with Rick Rule: Uranium Sentiment Just Got Bearish to the Extreme - Palisade Radio (06/21/2017)
- Retail Archaeology Live From Fiesta Mall! - WTF IS THAT SMELL?!?! (06/21/2017)
- After Brexit: Germany and the EU Will Look to Asia - Alasdair Macleod (06/20/2017)
Grab This Free Report: Our Top Mining Stock Pick
This free special WSW report is devoted to IDM Mining and why it is currently our top mining stock pick.
Grab it and get our next gold price entry point. Do not think about buying any other gold stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here