Blackrock CEO Says Ignore Earnings Reports (02/17/2016)
Earnings reports used to be vehicles of hype and excitement, but now that they no longer are pumping stocks and many stocks have actually dumped on earnings announcements the past few months one CEO is telling people to simply ignore them and just buy and believe.
BlackRock CEO Larry Fink’s recent letter to 500 chief executives urging them for the first time to stop providing quarterly earnings estimates, is yet another plea for long-term value creation. Today, many companies are expected to execute corporate policies that reflect short-term earnings growth, thus forcing investors to rely mainly on what a stock is worth. When company forecasts are heavily based on earnings, one of the biggest problems is that they have been known to be overly optimistic.
Full story here.
Most Recent Posts
- Bob Woodward takes on the Trump administration: "Democracies die in darkness" (02/22/2017)
- The Criminalization of Financial Independence - Charles Hugh-Smith (02/22/2017)
- McMaster To NSC - More Troops To Middle East? - Daniel McAdams (02/22/2017)
- Precious Metals Video Update: Correction Coming in the Gold Stocks...? - Jordan Roy-Byrne (02/21/2017)
- Market analysis for the week of February 20th, 2017 - Mike Saul (02/20/2017)
- Stock Market Mastermind Session with David Skarica (02/19/2017)
- Gold-Stock Volume Divergence - Adam Hamilton (02/17/2017)
- Jim Rogers - Macro Outlook in the Trump Era (02/17/2017)
- Greenwald: Empowering the "Deep State" to Undermine Trump is Prescription for Destroying Democracy (02/17/2017)
- I Am Starting to Get Concerned About Donald Trump - Mike Swanson (02/16/2017)
Grab This Free Report: Our Top Donald Trump Stock To Trade
This free special WSW report is devoted to the emergence of new stock market sector leadership following the election of Donald Trump. It includes our latest stock pick to benefit from Trump's programs. Do not think about buying any other stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here