Blackrock CEO Says Ignore Earnings Reports (02/17/2016)
Earnings reports used to be vehicles of hype and excitement, but now that they no longer are pumping stocks and many stocks have actually dumped on earnings announcements the past few months one CEO is telling people to simply ignore them and just buy and believe.
BlackRock CEO Larry Fink’s recent letter to 500 chief executives urging them for the first time to stop providing quarterly earnings estimates, is yet another plea for long-term value creation. Today, many companies are expected to execute corporate policies that reflect short-term earnings growth, thus forcing investors to rely mainly on what a stock is worth. When company forecasts are heavily based on earnings, one of the biggest problems is that they have been known to be overly optimistic.
Full story here.
Most Recent Posts
- Here comes Trump...Market analysis for the week of 1/16/17 - Mike Saul (01/15/2017)
- Protests in Mexico Push Country to Brink of Revolution and Nobody’s Talking About It - Nick Bernabe (01/13/2017)
- Big Gold Buying Coming - Adam Hamilton (01/13/2017)
- Massive VIX Warning for all Traders - John Winston (01/13/2017)
- The Bizarre Far-Right Billionaire Behind Trump's Presidency - The Real News (01/13/2017)
- Marc Faber Tells CNBC that Trump Will Soon Be Begging for QE4 (01/12/2017)
- Did John McCain 'Launder' Dodgy Trump Intel Dossier? - Daniel McAdams (01/12/2017)
- Podcast - Lior Gantz Looks At Nickel Stocks - Mike Swanson (01/11/2017)
- How I Got Started Trading The Markets - Mike Swanson (01/11/2017)
- Sen. Jeff Sessions: Libertarian Or Authoritarian? - Daniel McAdams (01/11/2017)
Grab This Free Report: Our Top Donald Trump Stock To Trade
This free special WSW report is devoted to the emergence of new stock market sector leadership following the election of Donald Trump. It includes our latest stock pick to benefit from Trump's programs. Do not think about buying any other stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here