The Fed Seeks To Test How Banks Would Handle Negative Interest Rates (02/03/2016)
At the end of 2016 Wall Street economists repeated Fed predictions of four rate hikes.
With stock market turmoils those predictions have turned into a joke and now Fed officials are hopeful that things will stabilize, but are also preparing for disaster.
In its annual stress test for 2016, the Fed said it will assess the resilience of big banks to a number of possible situations, including one where the rate on the three-month U.S. Treasury bill stays below zero for a prolonged period.
"The severely adverse scenario is characterized by a severe global recession, accompanied by a period of heightened corporate financial stress and negative yields for short-term U.S. Treasury securities," the central bank said in announcing the stress tests last week.
Full story here.
Most Recent Posts
- How Can We Find The Truth In Crazy Media Times? - Mike Swanson (03/28/2017)
- A Study Just Showed Why Working from Home Is Better Than Going into Work - James Holbrooks (03/28/2017)
- Why is China Selling U.S. Treasuries at an Alarming Rate? - Future Money Trends (03/28/2017)
- Why the Health Care Bill Failed, and What It Means for the Future - Tom Woods Show (03/28/2017)
- How ETF's Have Hidden Costs That Can Lower Your Portfolio Returns - Mike Swanson (03/28/2017)
- 'Meet the Press' Roundtable: Is Trump About To Shift Left? -Mike Swanson (03/27/2017)
- Forget ObamaCare, RyanCare, and any Future ReformCare--the Healthcare System Is Completely Broken - Charles Hugh-Smith (03/27/2017)
- How will the stock market react to Trump's healthcare plan not getting approval? - Mike Saul (03/26/2017)
- Rick Rule: Weakness In Gold Equities Has Me Very Excited - Palisade Radio (03/26/2017)
- What Is The Ochelli Effect? (03/26/2017)
Grab This Free Report: Our Top Mining Stock Pick
This free special WSW report is devoted to IDM Mining and why it is currently our top mining stock pick.
Grab it and get our next gold price entry point. Do not think about buying any other gold stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here