S&P 500 Earnings Continue To Shrink - Mike Swanson (11/23/2015)
S&P 500 earnings are shrinking...of course no bubble bulls care... they do not invest using fundamentals or earnings, but on price action, and a move up like last week is causing many to predict the start of another giant stairway to heaven rally...remember last Sunday I said don't worry about Paris attacks, market is oversold so a rallly/bounce coming.. now I'm saying that reality will begin to hit next month.
"Profits from S&P 500 companies have fallen by about $25 billion in the first three quarters of this year, and a further drop is expected before the end of 2015 as energy companies battle with lower oil prices and a sharp rally in the dollar hits exporters.
About 96 percent of S&P 500 companies have reported 3Q results so far, and their aggregate net income from continuing operations for the first three quarters is $804 billion, compared with $828 billion for the first three quarters last year, data compiled by Bloomberg shows.....On a share-weighted basis, S&P 500 profits were down 3.3 percent on year in the third quarter, making this earnings season the worst since 2009, and marking a second consecutive quarter of negative earnings growth."
Full article here.
Most Recent Posts
- Here comes Trump...Market analysis for the week of 1/16/17 - Mike Saul (01/15/2017)
- Protests in Mexico Push Country to Brink of Revolution and Nobody’s Talking About It - Nick Bernabe (01/13/2017)
- Big Gold Buying Coming - Adam Hamilton (01/13/2017)
- Massive VIX Warning for all Traders - John Winston (01/13/2017)
- The Bizarre Far-Right Billionaire Behind Trump's Presidency - The Real News (01/13/2017)
- Marc Faber Tells CNBC that Trump Will Soon Be Begging for QE4 (01/12/2017)
- Did John McCain 'Launder' Dodgy Trump Intel Dossier? - Daniel McAdams (01/12/2017)
- Podcast - Lior Gantz Looks At Nickel Stocks - Mike Swanson (01/11/2017)
- How I Got Started Trading The Markets - Mike Swanson (01/11/2017)
- Sen. Jeff Sessions: Libertarian Or Authoritarian? - Daniel McAdams (01/11/2017)
Grab This Free Report: Our Top Donald Trump Stock To Trade
This free special WSW report is devoted to the emergence of new stock market sector leadership following the election of Donald Trump. It includes our latest stock pick to benefit from Trump's programs. Do not think about buying any other stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here