S&P 500 Earnings Continue To Shrink - Mike Swanson (11/23/2015)
S&P 500 earnings are shrinking...of course no bubble bulls care... they do not invest using fundamentals or earnings, but on price action, and a move up like last week is causing many to predict the start of another giant stairway to heaven rally...remember last Sunday I said don't worry about Paris attacks, market is oversold so a rallly/bounce coming.. now I'm saying that reality will begin to hit next month.
"Profits from S&P 500 companies have fallen by about $25 billion in the first three quarters of this year, and a further drop is expected before the end of 2015 as energy companies battle with lower oil prices and a sharp rally in the dollar hits exporters.
About 96 percent of S&P 500 companies have reported 3Q results so far, and their aggregate net income from continuing operations for the first three quarters is $804 billion, compared with $828 billion for the first three quarters last year, data compiled by Bloomberg shows.....On a share-weighted basis, S&P 500 profits were down 3.3 percent on year in the third quarter, making this earnings season the worst since 2009, and marking a second consecutive quarter of negative earnings growth."
Full article here.
Most Recent Posts
- Gold Hostage to Stocks - Adam Hamilton (04/28/2017)
- Sprott Monthly Market Update with Rick Rule: Bull Market in its Infancy - Palisade Radio (04/28/2017)
- Our Turk Allies Just Attacked Our Kurd Allies - Whose Side Are We On? - Ron Paul Institute (04/27/2017)
- Jim Goddard Show: Trump 15% Business Tax Bluster or Real? Mike Swanson (04/27/2017)
- From "FANG" to "Fast Five" - Mike Swanson (04/26/2017)
- A Rising (Central Bank) Tide Turns Everyone into a Genius - Charles Hugh-Smith (04/26/2017)
- U.S. Threatens Nuclear Deal it Admits Iran Respects - How Will Tehran Respond? - The Real News (04/26/2017)
- China Finally Sends U.S. Positive Messages on North Korea - James Holbrooks (04/25/2017)
- Dr Marc Faber: Coordinating Central Bankers Desperate to Keep Colossal Global Debt Bubble Inflated (04/25/2017)
- Who Will Live in the Suburbs if Millennials Favor Cities? - Charles Hugh-Smith (04/24/2017)
Grab This Free Report: Our Top Mining Stock Pick
This free special WSW report is devoted to IDM Mining and why it is currently our top mining stock pick.
Grab it and get our next gold price entry point. Do not think about buying any other gold stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here