60 Minute GDX Chart Provides Clues - Mike Swanson (05/13/2014)
Last week we saw gold go up to 1310. It then dropped all the way back down by the end of the week to 1280, even going below it for a few moments.
Then yesterday gold went back up suddenly to 1305.
You may find this up and down action to be very confusing.
But if you step back and look at the chart it's easy to see what is happening.
Here is a 60 minute chart of the GDX gold stocks ETF:
The action in February is very similar to what is happening now. Back in February before gold stocks took off they were trading like they are now. You would see them gap up and drop. Then they would go to recent support lows and hold up and bounce up. Everyday it seemed you would see gold stocks up and then go down the next day. The action frustrated many people, but in the end nothing was really happening except the mining stocks were trading in a sideways range.
That is what they are doing now. The GDX has resistance at the top of this range at 24.50 and support at 23.50.
Most Recent Posts
- My Interview on This Week in Money - Mike Swanson (05/28/2017)
- Silver Miners’ Q1’17 Fundamentals - Adam Hamilton (05/26/2017)
- Stock Market and Gold Trend Update with Ike Iossif - Mike Swanson (05/26/2017)
- Is Your Cost of Living Rising? Why the Elites Aren't Worried About Inflation - Charles Hugh Smith (05/26/2017)
- ESPN and the Bursting of the Sports Bubble - William Anderson (05/25/2017)
- Was Manchester Blowback? - Ron Paul Institute (05/25/2017)
- Will The Feds Target Bitcoin as a National Security Risk? - Mike Swanson (05/24/2017)
- What Is The Purpose of Doing Deals With Saudi Arabia After 9/11? -Mike Swanson (05/24/2017)
- Marc Faber on Canada, Real Estate and Investing in Canada (05/24/2017)
- Warfare State at War with Trump as he Plans Warfare Against Iran - The Real News (05/24/2017)
Grab This Free Report: Our Top Mining Stock Pick
This free special WSW report is devoted to IDM Mining and why it is currently our top mining stock pick.
Grab it and get our next gold price entry point. Do not think about buying any other gold stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here