60 Minute GDX Chart Provides Clues - Mike Swanson (05/13/2014)
Last week we saw gold go up to 1310. It then dropped all the way back down by the end of the week to 1280, even going below it for a few moments.
Then yesterday gold went back up suddenly to 1305.
You may find this up and down action to be very confusing.
But if you step back and look at the chart it's easy to see what is happening.
Here is a 60 minute chart of the GDX gold stocks ETF:
The action in February is very similar to what is happening now. Back in February before gold stocks took off they were trading like they are now. You would see them gap up and drop. Then they would go to recent support lows and hold up and bounce up. Everyday it seemed you would see gold stocks up and then go down the next day. The action frustrated many people, but in the end nothing was really happening except the mining stocks were trading in a sideways range.
That is what they are doing now. The GDX has resistance at the top of this range at 24.50 and support at 23.50.
Most Recent Posts
- How Can We Find The Truth In Crazy Media Times? - Mike Swanson (03/28/2017)
- A Study Just Showed Why Working from Home Is Better Than Going into Work - James Holbrooks (03/28/2017)
- Why is China Selling U.S. Treasuries at an Alarming Rate? - Future Money Trends (03/28/2017)
- Why the Health Care Bill Failed, and What It Means for the Future - Tom Woods Show (03/28/2017)
- How ETF's Have Hidden Costs That Can Lower Your Portfolio Returns - Mike Swanson (03/28/2017)
- 'Meet the Press' Roundtable: Is Trump About To Shift Left? -Mike Swanson (03/27/2017)
- Forget ObamaCare, RyanCare, and any Future ReformCare--the Healthcare System Is Completely Broken - Charles Hugh-Smith (03/27/2017)
- How will the stock market react to Trump's healthcare plan not getting approval? - Mike Saul (03/26/2017)
- Rick Rule: Weakness In Gold Equities Has Me Very Excited - Palisade Radio (03/26/2017)
- What Is The Ochelli Effect? (03/26/2017)
Grab This Free Report: Our Top Mining Stock Pick
This free special WSW report is devoted to IDM Mining and why it is currently our top mining stock pick.
Grab it and get our next gold price entry point. Do not think about buying any other gold stocks before you read this report. To get this report click here